June 10, 2014 – Board Minutes

The Ipswich Outboard Club Board of Directors held a regular meeting at the home of Rusty Spencer, Ipswich, Ma. Commodore Wright called the meeting to order at 7:14 pm. All IOC officers and directors were present.

The minutes from the previous meeting on May 6, 2014 were approved.

Secretary’s Report:

  • Membership Counts:
    • RG      207
    • LO       20
    • DR      9
    • HM      3
    • JR        7
    • WL      37
  • 2014 membership lists were distributed to the board.
  • Cookout costs were $35 under budget. Thank you all the board members for helping with the event.
  • 9 new applications were received with proper documentation. Motion made to add all to the waiting list, seconded and approved.
  • A complaint received by a member about another person parking at the IOC was discussed. The board will keep an eye on the situation.

The secretary’s report was approved as submitted.

Treasurer’s Report: 

  • Checking Account                    $17,072.30
  • MMCH Account                           35,010.37
  • Total                                            $52,082.67
  • All bills have been paid.
  • Elmer Barth’s family sent a sincere thank you for the flowers and the board’s support.

The treasurer’s report was accepted as read.

Vice Commodore’s Report:

  • Mowing and IOC property being maintained very well.
  • The swales will be mowed by the town.
  • Ramp scheduled to be washed.
  • The center board was replaced on the float.
  • Possible larger shed is being researched.
  • The moorings are at Diamond Marine.
  • Joe Wright received an email from Gary Champion about the grout in the lower ramp area. On-site scheduled for July 14th and 15th at 7 am with the Pelletiers. After a discussion, it was determined to have Joe Wright contact Gary Champion to gain more details and Rusty Spencer will speak with the Pelletiers.

The vice commodore’s report was accepted as submitted.

Old Business:

  • Koozies and tide charts went over well. Some still available.
  • Burgees needed- Dave Morin to contact Laurie Cameron and Scott Waiswilos to inquire about production.
  • Clothing website was discussed. Joe Wright will coordinate.

New Business:

  • After a discussion, motion made to create a scholarship fund with proceeds from clothing sales.
  • An IOC Board contact list will be created by Dave Morin for internal use of the board.
  • The next board meeting will be held on August 5, 2014 at the IOC. Please meet at the ramp at 5:30pm with your own boat, food, and beverage. No July meeting will be held due to vacations.
  • Motion to adjourn the meeting at 8:55 pm, seconded, and approved.

Attest: David Morin, Secretary
Joseph Wright, Commodore