October 2, 2012 -Board Meeting Minutes

Ipswich Outboard Club, Inc.
Minutes October 2, 2012

The Ipswich Outboard Club Board of Directors held a regular meeting at the home of Liz Lombard. Commodore Clapp called the meeting to order at 7:09 pm. All IOC officers and directors were present.

The minutes from the previous meeting on 9/11/12 were approved as amended.

Secretary’s Report:

  • The MBYCA 2012 yearbook has just been received.
  • Eric Brissette from Ipswich Illuminated emailed back accepting our explanation of last year’s issue with the event.

 The secretary’s report was approved as submitted.

Treasurer’s Report:

  • Checking Account $ 3,310.89
  • Investment Account $20,406.63
  • Total $23,717.52
  • The budget is right on target for 2012.
  • A $16K balance should remain at the end of the year.
  • A large discussion was held on the budget for 2013. The budget committee will meet before the November meeting. All directors will submit to the treasurer the expense items they are responsible for in 2013.

 The treasurer’s report was accepted as submitted

 Vice Commodore’s Report:

  • The dock haul will be on Sunday, October 28, 2012, at 11am. Perry Paone will coordinate the work crew.
  • Dog and duck feces seem to be less on the property.
  • A large discussion was held on the dock posts. Many ideas are being considered.
  • The dinghy lock will be replaced.

 The vice commodore’s report was accepted as submitted.

Old Business:

  • Jeff Graffum has the remaining IOC clothes for sale.
  • A laptop was donated by Liz Lombard for the club. Dave Morin will have it cleaned out and see if it will work well for the club.
  • There is no new news on the Melanson’s property development.
  • The swales will be cut one more time before winter.
  • The by-law committee will meet in October and have a report on progress at the November meeting. Joe Wright to contact all members and determine the meeting spot.

New Business:

  • The next regular board meeting will be on Tuesday, November 6, 2012, at the home of Perry Paone at 7pm.
  • A large discussion was held on the new hangtags. It was determined to order 300 green hangtags for 2013 and years following. Dave Morin to coordinate.
  • The budget committee will meet at Dwight Thompson’s home on Tuesday, 11/13/12 at 7pm. The budget and annual dues recommendation will be presented at the December meeting.

Motion made to adjourn the meeting at 8:25pm, seconded, and approved.

Attest: David Morin, Secretary

Donald Clapp, Commodore