September 11, 2012 – Board Meeting Minutes

Ipswich Outboard Club. Inc.
Minutes September 11, 2012 (Revised and approved)

The Ipswich Outboard Club Board of Directors held a regular meeting at the home Rick Tucker. Commodore Clapp called the meeting to order at 7:03 pm. All IOC officers and directors were present

The minutes from the previous meeting on 6/5/12 were approved.

Secretary’s Report

  • All letters have been sent out per the board’s request.
  • Motion made to continue the minutes being posted to the club’s website even after the 90 day trial period, seconded, and approved.
  • Ipswich Illuminated has requested to use the IOC property again for the October 13, 2012 event. Due to problems in 2011 with boats being damaged, parking issues, and trash being left at the IOC, this request unfortunately will be denied.

The secretary’s report was approved as submitted.

Treasurer’s Report:

  • Checking Account                        $  2,436.57
  • Investment Account                   $24,401.82
  • Total                                             $26,838.39
  • All bills have been paid except for new ramp wash bill presented this evening.
  • A detailed budget and balance sheet was presented to the board. The club is right on budget for the year.
  • The VC will have the power shut off the beginning of November for the winter.
  • The treasurer met with Tsoutsouras Accounting about taxes being filed. It was confirmed by both the accountant and the IRS the IOC does not need to file income taxes on form 990-N because we receive less than $50,000 in annual revenue and have less than $500,000 in total assets (our book value). All documents given to the secretary to file. The tax year may also be changed by notifying the IRS. This would be easier to keep the tax year by calendar year versus fiscal year.

The treasurer’s report was accepted as submitted

Vice Commodore’s Report:

  • Bird feces have increased significantly on the IOC docks this year due to a cormorant living near the property and being fed by people. The board is encouraged to tell people not to feed the birds and ducks at the property.
  • The aluminum posts on the docks have been snapped off. It was determined to use 2×4’s PT until another solution can be discovered.
  • The gangway sign had to be refastened. We will look into having them repainted because they are faded.
  • The swales will be cut one more time this year.
  • There is still an issue with dog feces bags being thrown on the IOC property. Please keep an eye out for the offender. The VC will contact the animal control officer to help patrol.

The vice commodore’s report was accepted as submitted.

Old Business:

  • The laptop will be purchased soon for the club. Liz Lombard has a used one to try out and other used ones are available for $200.
  • Roger LeBlanc purchased the Melanson property and is planning on building 4 new condos. There is 84’ of dock space that comes with the property.

New Business:

  • The next regular board meeting will be on Tuesday, October 2, 2012, at the home of Liz Lombard at 7pm.
  • The annual float haul and property winter preparation will be on Sunday, October 28, 2012. Perry Paone to contact necessary crew.
  • The porta-potti will be removed November 1st.
  • A discussion was held on the by-laws committee. The committee members are John McGrath, Chris Best, Jeff Putur, Dave Warner, Liz Lombard, Perry Paone, and Joe Wright. Joe Wright will be the chairperson. They will meet soon and discuss the attorney’s recommendations and topics brought up by Gary Champion and any other members.
  • Adam Gallant did a great job this year as dockmaster and is now in his senior year of college. His father Nobby filled in one weekend when Adam could not make it. Hopefully he will return next year. If not, other possible candidates were discussed.
  • Motion made to adjourn the meeting at 8:23pm, seconded, and approved.

Attest: David Morin, Secretary
Donald Clapp, Commodore