September 9, 2015 – Board Minutes

The Ipswich Outboard Club Board of Directors held a regular meeting at the home of John Soinenon, Ipswich, Ma. . Commodore Wright called the meeting to order at 7:10 p.m. All IOC officers and directors were present except for Rusty Spencer and Perry Paone.

The minutes from the previous meeting on August 5, 2015 were approved as submitted.

Secretary’s Report:

  • Applications rec’d from Stella, Lane, and Teheen with proper paperwork. Motion to accept onto waiting list, seconded, and approved. Waiting list now is at 50. Motion made to close the waiting list, seconded, and approved.
  • A warning letter will be sent to a person on the waiting list who has accessed the club property. The person in question was questioned by a club director and the police were called.
  • Ramp washings were done over the summer.
  • New club database will be created to replace antiquated software. Liz Lombard to help.
  • Emails from the website will go to all directors. Rick Tucker to work with web master to clean up old news on website.

The secretary’s report was approved as submitted.

Treasurer’s Report:

  • Checking Account           $  1,495.29
  • MMCH Account                47,631.46
  • Total                                 $49,126.75
  • The dockmaster hours will be turned in for the summer and an hourly rate was determined.

The treasurer’s report was accepted as read.

Vice Commodore’s Report:

  • New fridge will be purchased.
  • Property in great shape.
  • The bush by the light pole will be cut down and removed.
  • The new no parking sign survived the summer without any damage.
  • New no trash signs have been installed.
  • New site lights are being tested.
  • Burgee sign for the shed is being developed.
  • Dave Morin to call a member who parks in a bad way in front of the shed door.

The vice commodore’s report was accepted as submitted.

Old Business:

  • Clothing for 60th anniversary in 2016 being looked into.
  • Budget item discussion- All new budget items need to be turned in before November meeting. Float costs being explored by Donald Clapp, Perry Paone, and Joe Wright.
  • Investigation and meeting schedule underway on the member complaint received. All information will be held confidential and Roberts Rules will be followed.

New Business:

  • A lengthy discussion was held on alternate board members. A new bylaw change will be necessary. Tabled for October meeting.
  • Dave Morin to call a member who leaves his boat on the floats overnight.
  • Next board meeting will be on October 6, 2015 at the home of Bill Clapp at 7 p.m.
  • Motion to adjourn the meeting at 7:55 p.m., seconded, and approved.

Attest: David Morin, Secretary
Joseph Wright, Commodore